Saturday, October 5, 2013

Welcome Parents

Dear Parents,
Nine weeks have passed since the school year began!  It’s hard to believe; the time has FLOWN by!  It has been a fantastic time!
Sixth grade is an important and academically challenging year.  Not only will students have weekly quizzes, exams, and daily homework, they will often have projects that must be completed at home.  I must ask for your support.  Your child will not excel this year, without your help.  Your child will have homework every night.  Please see that it is completed (or at least fairly attempted).  The single most important aid to your child’s learning is at-home reading.  Children entering the sixth grade should spend at least 20 minutes reading at home every day.   
I have enjoyed working with the students in 6th grade math.  Each one is an interesting, bright, engaging child.  They’ve all learned a tremendous amount, too!  All of the students in 6th grade math now know how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals.  They’ve reviewed several 5th grade skills and are eager to learn about how to use these skills in new ways.  They’ve written great essays on current events, and we are beginning a major essay project about Patriotism. 
I look forward to many more accomplishments this year.  I will share these with you regularly. 
I know that many of you may want to speak with me – that you may have questions for me, about your child, my lessons, tests, homework, etc.  I welcome your questions, and I would LOVE to meet with you to discuss your child. 
Of course, we are all very busy, so we will have to plan carefully to arrange appointments.  I am often available during the following times, but PLEASE make sure to give me at least 24 hours notice before coming to see me:
·         Monday – Friday: 1pm-1:45pm
·         Thursday: 3pm-4pm
The BEST way to contact me is to write a note delivered by your child.  Please feel free to come to me with any questions or concerns you may have.  I look forward to meeting with you! 
Sincerely,
Angie Sumrall

No comments:

Post a Comment