Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Diigo

This site was very appealing to me.  I did have a few issues at first but what do I not have issues with.  If something does not work exactly how it does in the videos for our class, I have an “issue”.  I currently a list taped to the wall over my computers in my classroom of different websites that my students should use.  I also keep a list of my own for any great websites that I find.  Diigo will do away with that entire headache. 
By using Diigo, when I find a great website then I can just bookmark it and reference it at any time in the future.  That is such a great idea because I am always forgetting where I see great ideas.  The use of Diigo will prove useful in the classroom and at home for the students as well.  I am not sure at this point but I am thinking that I may be able to post a link to my Diigo page on the classroom blog that students can access if they are having issues with different assignments. 
Another student wrote that this was going to turn into the Pinterest of websites and I could not agree more.  I spend hours on Pinterest and I can see myself spending hours on this site.  A user can join groups and see what others find as well as themselves, making Diigo a great collaboration tool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment