Friday, May 24, 2013

You Tube Video

Yay me!!!  I just created my first You Tube video.  I took the opportunity to let new parents to my classroom know how to get in touch with me.  I encourage parent contact.  Our school will be implementing Common Core this year and I think that is all the more reason why parents should know how to reach me.  This should tie into any unit that I do, depending on when the parent needs me.  It takes all of us working together to get our children educated.  Communication IS the key! 

Creating the video was so much easier than I thought it was going to be.  Let me just say that "dread" is not a harsh enough word to use to describe what I was feeling all day preparing for this video.  I used my phone to record myself giving instructions and if you have an iPhone you just send it to You Tube.  I did have to send it more than once because the upload failed the first time due to my not having a You Tube channel??? whatever that is...lol!  I did not like putting the music on the video and will most likely remove it at a later date.  It is too loud and I can't figure out how to make it any quieter.  I have the setting all the way over to voice but it did not get any better (just my opinion).  I tried to add a caption with my email address but did not get that to work either.  Guess I am still going to have to play some more.  This is going to be a valuable tool in the classroom now that I know how easy it is to use.  I would love to video lessons and upload them to the blog for students that are absent.  I hope everyone has the best of luck with uploads. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m9raxZTkRI

No comments:

Post a Comment